Monday, July 22, 2013

Sunday Funday!

 
  Sundays seem to be bridal trial day for me lately. This past Sunday I had the pleasure of doing both the Bride and Mother of Bride trial. We had a great time and they both looked lovely! For the bride we stuck to neutrals and for the mother of the bride we went with purples.
     I remember when I turned 16 my Aunt Cathi sent me 16 rules for becoming a young woman, one of those rules which I will never forget is; wear your favorite color everyday. I have stood by this rule. No matter if it was on my clothes or on my toes! 
     One of the first things the Mom told me about herself was that she loves the color purple- it is her absolute favorite. Right then and there I knew we had to go with a purple scheme for her makeup. For weddings you never want to go too bold or dramatic. Wedding days are supposed to be soft and beautiful and I do feel we achieved just that.
The stars of this look are:
  • Natural Looking Lashes
  • Water proof Doll Eye Mascara from NYX
  • A Lancome color quad in purple tones for corner crease and highlights
  • A Vanilla Shadow over entire lid
  • A Shimmery Plum eye shadow used as eye liner
  • And MAC's Angel Lipstick lined with Mac Boldly Bare liner
 
For the Brides Look:
  • Demi Wispie Eyelashes. For this bride they added fullness, her natural eyelashes were just as long as the false ones (Lucky!)
  • We stuck with water proof Doll Eye Mascara again because after all it is the big day and this mascara has proven it self to not budge because of the tears. I have even swam with it!
  • For the lips we did same as Mom! MAC Angel but this time NYX Natural Lip liner more of a brown nude than a pink nude. It went better with the natural eye shadow palette we used.
  • For the eyeshadows we used Kat Von D's True Romance Eye Shadow Palette-Saint. I am forever loving this shadow palette! If you don't own it- YOU SHOULD! You can do anything from day look to special event to going out look.
 
Extra Helpers Used in both Looks:
Nars: Albatross
Contour & Blush Palette from BH Cosmetics
10 Color Camouflage and Concealer Palette also from BH Cosmetic Co.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment