Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Smokin'

 
It’s been forever since I have done a smokey eye on myself. Using browns I took more of a babystep approach. Normally when someone asks me how to do a smokey eye this is the look I start with, unless they ask for a dramatic smokey eye, only then will I whip out the black shadows!

For this complete look I used:

Kat Von D Lock It foundation

Kat Von D Everlasting Blush in Bellisima – which is a peachy pink

Nars-Albatross as a highlighter

Sonia Kashuk Illuminating bronzer in Godess (Very similar to MAC’s Gold Deposit Mineral Bronzer)

Makeup Forever- Aqua Brow on my eyebrows

On my eyes I used my Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Saint:

Lid-Sunny (pearlized gold)

Inner and outer corner of lid- Bookworm (pearlized brown)

Brow Bone- Heavens (pearlized vanilla)

I also dusted my upper and lower lash line with Caravaggio (dark matte brown)

Using these colors (exact or similar) will create a smokey eye. This take on the smokey eye is dramatic enough to make eyes pop-but it isn’t too over the top for an office setting-or-bridal look. This works great for brides that want more of a glamorous look than natural and it also photographs really well, which is a bridal bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment