Monday, June 17, 2013

Eyelash Mystery




I get a ton of questions about false eyelashes. There seems to be 2 common problems, "I can't get them to stick on," and "The corners always lift!" Well, ladies I am here to save your day!


False eyelashes are the finishing touch to any look whether its sweet and flirty or bold and dramatic. It even adds that extra "oomph" to the natural look.

Eyelashes come in all shapes & sizes for your personal preference. My favorites are demi wispies, sometimes I will even layer them for double the drama.

There are 3 things that I feel are important when applying lashes:

1) The adhesive: I never use the adhesive the lashes often come with. I swear by DUO Eyelash adhesive. My favorite is the "Dark Tone" one. The label is red/magenta. I normally use liquid liner on my upper lash line and I just feel this one works better for me. I dries almost black. For most of my clients I will use the traditional blue tube. It dries clear & it is waterproof.

2) Measurement: Did you measure the lash up to your normal lash line? I personally have small eyes. Most eyelash strips are too long for me. If I glued the lashes straight out of the package to my lid, they would most certainly lift. I clip a little from the corner and there is no lifting at all! It's like magic! Make sure you measure your lashes before you apply the adhesive and get upset that your corners are lifting.

3) Finally and most importantly: Be patient!!! Please apply a thin strip of your DUO lash adhesive and then WAIT. Put the lashes down and please do something else for at least 30 seconds. The adhesive will then be tacky and MUCH easier to apply. Line up your inner corner first and smooth the lashes down to the outer corner and hold the lashes against your lash line for another 10 seconds.


I hope these tips and tricks helped! Good luck! XO

1 comment:

  1. great post, Jessalyn! So, question.. do you wear fake eyelashes daily? I would love to, I just always figured it would get pretty expensive! But I fully agree with what you said about them being the final touch.. makeup just looks ten times better when wearing fake lashes! Also- what is your favorite brand of lashes?

    Thanks, gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete