Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rock On!

 
This marketing guru is ga ga for the Goo Goo Dolls and wanted a rock star makeover for their debut in good ol' Manchvegas! She asked for green, dramatic, & glam: and this was the result. Very green and very glam. This feirce look is fabulous and wildly fun. We put on the greenest greens and the biggest lashes I could find! So what was the magic concoction to create this look you ask?


First we started with my favorite primer, Porefessional from Benefit. We toped it with Lock It Tattoo foundation from Kat Von D, and set it with MACs beauty powder from the Marilyn Monroe collection (not pictured.) We sculpted her face with Lancome's natural glow bronzer. Highlighted with Nars- Albatross and pinched her cheeks with Mauve blush from NYX.
Next we did the eyes! For her brows I used my trusty Lancome Le Crayon Poudre inTaupe (matches most eyebrows) I used NYX eyelid primer and covered the whole lid in NYX Matte Nude eye shadow. I used a limited edition (no longer in stores) Kat Von D pallet for my green scheme-Luckily to achieve this look you can use similar colors. She does sell one of the colors that I used in the pallet (to wing out the shadow and also used as a liner) separate. It is called Shade Shifter Eyeshadow- On the Road. It shifts from a brown to a shiny dark greenish color. I use this color in a lot of dramatic looks. building inward from the dark brown/green and layering slightly I moved on to a brighter green: pictured is Graffiti by Urban Decay- this shade is very similar to the Kat Von D one I used in the look and it has little green sparkles. Moving closer to the inner corner of the lid, I lightly used a bright lime green. I blended all three together with my shadow blending brush leaving the inner corner with nude shadow only.
Next step: I applied glue to the lashes! I used DUO Adhesive and I let them sit while I applied her liquid liner. The liner I used was Kat Von D- Trooper. Because the lash's glue was not tacky enough yet we moved on to mascara. I did one coat of Rimmel's Scadaleyes, checked the lashes again and they were ready. We carefully applied the big beautiful lashes and brushed Hypnose Star mascara by Lancome from her natural lash to her false lash to really make them stay put. Applying mascara to your lashes against the false lashes helps them not to separate.
On her lips we invented a color. First we lined them with NYX lipliner in Natural. We mixed NYX Extra Creamy Round lipstick in a mauve pink color with Lancome Color Design in Natural Beauty. Topped the lips with MAC's Boy Bait Cream Sheen and we were done.
To make sure her makeup did not move while she grooved we used Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray.
 
Wow yourself- try something bold! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment