Thursday, November 21, 2013

FIERCE

 Last week while at MAC I got a surprise makeup appointment with Joelle. An even bigger part of this surprise was it was for her ENGAGEMENT PARTY!!! Excitement flooded my heart! In the Lebanese culture Engagement parties are a big whoop! I was beyond pumped to get to work with Joelle to make her ultra glam! Joelle was looking for a dramatic cat eye similar to the picture above. My go to look seems to be somewhat in the middle of dramatic and natural. I normally tend to stick with accentuating natural beauty, then again most of the time the makeup I am doing is wedding with the occasional pinup. I was pumped for this dramatic challenge because its something I don't get to do too often! All of the products used were MAC Cosmetics.

My skin perfecting army:

{from left to right}
  • Prep + Prime BB Compact- Solid cream formula that perfects, protects, evens out and illuminates the complexion for flawless results.
  • Studio Sculpt Foundation- Medium/Build able coverage with a satin finish. This is great for dry skin but also helps with oil control and will not make you break out. I would use this on most skin types.
  • Prep + Prime Eye-Smooths textures, neutralizes lid colour. Use under eye shadow, pigments, paints and concealers.
  • Studio Finish Concealer- A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. It is also water-resistant!

Glam Eyed

  • In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash- adds volume, extends length and creates curl, while conditioning for softness and flexibility. The final result: extreme dimension that won't smudge, clump or flake.
  • 36 Lash- Originally launched as Sultress Lashes. Full lash, creates a naturally dramatic look
  • Duo Eyelash glue
  • Scotch tape!!! To get those nice sharp cat eye angles (not sold at MAC)
  • 3 of the Pressed Pigment eyeshadows (not pictured) blended from inner corner to outer- Angelic (bright off white with shimmer), Enlightening (deep silver), and Jet Couture (black with thick pieces of glitter) On top of Angelic I lightened it up with Gesso eyeshadow which is a vivid white matte.
  • I deepened the top and bottom corners with Devine Night Kohl Power eye pencil in Feline. It was only fitting to use Feline for this look ;)

1 comment: