Friday, November 8, 2013

Makeup Talk


Every year just in time for the Holidays, MAC comes out with a variety of mini kits. There are brush kits, lip kits, eye kits, and even face kits. Normally I go for the brush kits and sometimes the lip kits because it is such a great deal. This year I've accumulated more than enough brushes and the lip kits are colors that I already own. This year I decided to go for something new: Nocturnals Pigments.
Years ago I had purchased a copper pigment from Benefit cosmetics which is JUST NOW running out. It has lasted me a long while (most likely because I don't turn to copper shimmer for a daily look) and it was one of the most gorgeous colors I've ever owned, I always got compliments when I wore it. For you brown, hazel and green eyed ladies: copper makes our eyes pop! I was excited to see that there was a copper color in this years MAC Nocturnal Pigments kit. The Black and Gold kit was an easy sell on me for that reason alone. Above I have taken a picture with flash (top) and without flash (bottom) so you could get a good look at what comes in the Black and Gold series. Starting from the left moving to the right we have: Naked pigment, Museum Bronze pigment, Gold glitter, Copper Sparkle, and Black (large) glitter.
 
Naked is a fleshy beige with pearl (matte)
Museum Bronze is a rich taupe with gold pearl (frost)
Gold is sparkly chunky gold (glitter)
Copper Sparkle is super frosty copper flecks (frost)
Black is sparkle chunky black (glitter)
 
My take on them all:
Naked is one of the popular MAC eye shadows it is a very basic color that you could wear daily. Museum bronze I would use for a smokey eye, liner or cut crease, this is another color that I could wear somehow daily. The gold glitter I have a liquid NYX liner of the same. I feel that you can put gold glitter on top of anything its pretty. I can see the gold glitter lasting me a while, a little bit goes a long way. The Copper sparkle is easily my favourite. I just love how shimmery it is. It is very easy to apply and like the others you do not need alot of it. I love MAC pigments ! If you have never tried MAC pigments I suggest you do so, I wish I could have every color they are so saturated with color its amazing. Lastly we have the black glitter, can I just say this stuff is messy!? Extremely difficult to remove unlike the other four. I tried it last night, my makeup wipes only pushed the glitter chunks around my face and did not get them all off. Tried scrubbing my face in the shower and I still have tiny random black dots everywhere. The black glitter is a nuisance. However, I could see using the Black glitter for a fashion shoot, or maybe layered on top of a deep black smokey eye, so the black glitter is not a total loss. For $32.00 this pigment kit is a killer deal and they come in other colors too. I would definitely recommend it to you makeup connoisseurs and makeup enthusiasts.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment