Wednesday, January 7, 2015

ALL THE NEW

Happy new year everyone!! And Happy new makeup to me!!!! I want to start with a few new Kat Von D Launches that happened this month!!! First there was the Innerstellar eyeshadow pallet inspired by the moon and stars. Normally I don't migrate towards purples or silvers but I sure am glad I did!! I found a new love for the hues as a matter of fact! These eyeshadows are super pigmented and silky smooth. Kat never EVER disappoints ;)
Next is something I have been waiting quite some time for. I have a love hate relationship with teasers. The Shade Light contour palette I had known about for painful amounts of MONTHS before it was launched. The second I received an email for this glorious creation, I ordered immediately. Yes, a contour palette has been done time and again, the most popular that I can recall was the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette. Kat's wins by a landslide. The tones aren't too orange they do not look like bronzer when applied they have a very natural tone to them. With this palette you can go dramatic or natural and at $46 its super affordable for quality product.
The brush pictured is Kat Von D's concealer brush, its not new, but its new to my collection. Plus its pretty!
Contoured & Highlighted with Shade Light palette

My next new item is something very different to my kit. It is one of Jeffree Star's new lip glosses. When I saw them on instagram I thought they were neat looking and it was cool that he has his own lip glosses but I wasn't rushing to order. That was until I saw a fellow makeup artist, Korry, post a picture of all three that he ordered on his lips!! Although he is darker skin toned than me I fell in love with the purple velour lippie called "I'M ROYALTY" It is loud!!!!! 
and it is gorgeous!!! I first thought, "oh, that would be cool for fashion shoots," but then I tried it on... and oh lawdy it was over!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick and I will find ALL the excuses to wear it!!
It is so pretty and you all need it!

All Kat Von D products can be found on Sephora.com 
The Jeffree Star Liquid Velour Lipsticks can be found on http://jeffreestarcosmetics.com (if they aren't sold out because they sell out every week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment