Monday, September 16, 2013

ipsy

My Honest to Blog Opinion

So a co-worker and I decided to try ipsy this past month. My package came on Friday it was a shiny pink bubble wrap package, super cool looking I was very excited to open! Inside the package was this makeup bag
Cute right? Inside the makeup bag I found
This Starlooks Obsidian(black) Kohl Eye Pencil
It was okay, just a basic black pencil. I prefer Kat Von D, Urban Decay, or MAC over this.
This Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara. Again just okay. I like the brush shape, I'm very picky with mascara, & I still don't really have a favorite. If I HAD to choose I'd probably pick Lancome Hypnose Star or Hypnose Drama.
I received two packages of these
skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels which I loved! These were the best thing in the whole package. I totally will want more of these! The description reads, "After a long day, the skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels are the perfect solution. The eye patches are easy to apply to the delicate skin under your eyes to reduce wrinkles, restore the tone and firmness, and fight free radicals to prevent premature aging." These felt so good. They literally chill your skin! Amazing!
There was this NYX eyeshadow in Golden Poppy. I wore it today, I don't care for it much. I'd like it on a darker skinned woman, I will put it in my kit.
Lastly there was a Pouty Pop Crayon by POP. It says that it nourishes, treats, and adds that perfectly-plumped pop to lips. It also claims they are extra-nourishing & gently bounce onto lips creating a plumped & pillowy pout leaving them with luscious, long-lasting colour with a super-smooth texture. I don't see the big woop about them. They seem kind of cheap-o to be honest. I hate how negative this post seems but I'm just being brutally honest. Honesty is a good thing!
 

To conclude:

I didn't have the greatest experience with ipsy, however; 1. Its only $10 a month 2. It's fun to get a surprise in the mail & 3. You never know what you're going to get, I might be thrilled with next months bag, who knows? Also, I'm a bag hoarder, I have countless Victoria's Secret totes and I'm pumped on adding makeup bags to my collection. This came with a cute makeup bag perfect to throw in my purse. AND I loved the eye gels those made my night! This was not a loss by any means. It is just a "better luck next time!"
You can sign up for ipsy here you will then take a survey on your preferences. Based on your answer, they will send you products accordingly! Try it out, let me know what you think! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment